Hiroshima Carp 1958 Vintage Ballcap
Ebbets field flannels
Description: Authentic reproduction of the original 1958 Hiroshima Carp ballcap. Hand-sewn from genuine wool baseball cloth. This cap is built to last a lifetime.
- Made in the USA
- Genuine navy wool broadcloth, orange on white felt “H”
- Standard visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth backed buckram crown
- Satin taping with cotton sweatband
- Adjustable sizes come with leather strap and antiqued brass closure
- Item #: HIR58C
League: Japan Central League
History: Hiroshima established a professional baseball team as part of the city’s reconstruction efforts after the atomic bomb devastation in 1945. The Carp (“Koi” in Japanese) were perennially underfunded, and were so poor that in 1953 they could only afford to issue one uniform per player. The Carp played in Hiroshima Municipal Stadium until 2008.
Out of stock